Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua, in his short career so far in wellness food manufacturing, has already found great success by working well with his teammates and creating opportunities for success for his team, his managers, and his company. Mbugua is trying to become a manager in his factory by 2018.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua earned a promotion to team leader in 2016 for his ability to help others succeed in the manufacturing system the company has in place to ensure success. He has learned many things about being an effective worker in the manufacturing industry, including:
- Embrace change and open communication. Effective factories are always ready for and embrace innovation and change in their industry as it affects their factory and jobs. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has never been shy about communicating with his managers as well as his teammates to improve production and efficiency.
- Demand fair pay and benefits. Mbugua didn’t have to worry about unfair pay and benefits in his career. Strangely low wages and few benefits are signs of an ineffective manufacturing company that doesn’t value their workers or their products.
- Respect for all. Respect is a two-way street and it must be given to everyone in a factory setting. From the production equipment itself to the managers and technicians in charge or running that equipment to the customers of the products, respect is a needed attribute in the production process.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has helped himself in his career by always remembering how effective manufacturing companies operate and by demanding respect of himself and those around him.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua is aware that volunteerism is one of the foundational elements that helps develop a healthy, thriving society. As a youth football coach and mentor serving with Big Brothers Big Sisters in New York City, Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua is dedicated to empowering others to take up volunteer opportunities in a capacity that reinvigorates and supports worthy causes in New York City and beyond. Alex Davies knows that the following reasons are just a few benefits on a very long list of reasons why everyone should consider volunteering.
- Volunteering fills gaps that a capitalist society cannot always fill. There are too many worthy organizations that simply need assistance that will not be able to fund a paying position, and volunteerism helps make it possible for these entities to continue doing their good work without going under, such as homeless shelters or soup kitchens. It’s simply good for society.
- Volunteering can open up new career options. For those who are looking to become career changers, donating your time to an organization or cause that you are interested in can help you develop both the skills and the network that you may need to begin a new job.
- Donating your time to a cause that you’re passionate about connects you with other like-minded people. Volunteering together is an excellent way to build community and rally together to support a greater cause.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua is devoted to creating a safer, healthier environment for New York City’s youth. Alex Davies is an assembly technician at a respected food processing company and hopes to hold a management position one day.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua knows that for children, participating in youth sports can be an empowering experience that helps shape and build character.
As a youth football coach in New York City, Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua is passionate about providing the most enjoyable experience possible for his athletes by keeping the following in mind:
- The best coaches cultivate a safe learning environment. Shame and embarrassment should never, under any circumstances, be used as learning tools. Helping children feel comfortable to make mistakes and learn from them is key, and fear only serves to stunt that necessary growth.
- Excellent coaches use the sport as a vehicle for teaching life lessons. All sports, in one way or another, are a reflection of the real world and how to function successfully within it. Having the opportunity to learn how to work with others harmoniously is valuable both on and off the field, and empowering children to make good choices can be practiced each day.
- Effective coaches are focused on helping their athletes love the game. Healthy competition always plays a role, but playing for the love of the game should be the priority. The best coaches know not to confuse this with ego and pride, which happens often and only serves to alienate athletes.
- Great coaches use a variety of methods to adapt to different learning styles. Your athletes will have different needs and different ways of interpreting information, and it’s important that coaches are able to explain the same thing in five different ways, much like teachers.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua continues to deepen his understanding and approach as a coach.