Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua grew up in New York City after moving there when he was a small boy. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has loved living in the city and when he could have moved away to start a life somewhere else, he stayed.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua got a job as a production technician at a local wellness food ingredient and product manufacturing company in the city and, in three short years, worked his way up to a team leader position. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua hopes to earn a promotion to manager by 2018 at the factory and is already well on his way. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbuguais very serious about his career and his success in the manufacturing industry, but he still hasn’t forgotten the community support he got when he was growing up that allowed him to start a successful career in his home.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua is a volunteer tutor for Literacy for All, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children learn how to read and write better. Mbugua is one of dozens of tutors around the New York City area who work with children to teach them how to read and write so they can improve their opportunities and advantages. Mbugua has worked with several children as a tutor and has helped them learn how to read and improve their literacy skills.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua also donates regularly to several other charities and fundraisers around the city. He is proud to support cancer and heart disease research, as well as help other organizations provide international aid to foreign countries. Mbugua loves the feeling of giving back to worthy causes because he feels enriched by the experience and knows that his help is going to the right place—to people who need it most. Mbugua is always willing to participate in the success of many important causes and charities at work in his city.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has focused on his career for years already and is willing to share some of that success with others in his community, some of whom have helped him out at times when he needed it. Mbugua has found support throughout his neighborhood and hopes that he can continue to improve it as he advances in his career in the manufacturing industry. He has much more work to do, according to him, but he believes he can make a difference. Indeed, he already has in many lives in New York City and his immediate community.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has worked as a team leader for a food ingredient and product manufacturing company in New York City since 2013. In 2016, Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua was made a team leader for his excellent motivational, communication, and leadership skills he showed on the factory floor. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua plans on earning another promotion to management by 2018 as Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua broadens his career in food processing and manufacturing. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has also been a volunteer tutor for the nonprofit organization Literacy for All since he started working at the factory.
Literacy for All is a local, New York City organization dedicated to the spread of literacy throughout the city and the surrounding area. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua became a tutor because he felt he had something to offer his community after he started his promising career.
Mbugua is one of dozens of tutors in several areas of the city working with children to help them improve their reading and writing skills. Literacy for All trains tutors willing to give back to their community by giving the gift of literacy to people who need extra training. Literacy for All only selects a few new tutors once every six months and puts them through their proprietary training system where they learn how to apply their reading and writing skills to teaching young students how to make sense of the world in a new way.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has worked with several children as a tutor, forming relationships with each of his pupils so that they learn much more than how to read and write from him—they learn about life.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua, in his short career so far in wellness food manufacturing, has already found great success by working well with his teammates and creating opportunities for success for his team, his managers, and his company. Mbugua is trying to become a manager in his factory by 2018.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua earned a promotion to team leader in 2016 for his ability to help others succeed in the manufacturing system the company has in place to ensure success. He has learned many things about being an effective worker in the manufacturing industry, including:
- Embrace change and open communication. Effective factories are always ready for and embrace innovation and change in their industry as it affects their factory and jobs. Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has never been shy about communicating with his managers as well as his teammates to improve production and efficiency.
- Demand fair pay and benefits. Mbugua didn’t have to worry about unfair pay and benefits in his career. Strangely low wages and few benefits are signs of an ineffective manufacturing company that doesn’t value their workers or their products.
- Respect for all. Respect is a two-way street and it must be given to everyone in a factory setting. From the production equipment itself to the managers and technicians in charge or running that equipment to the customers of the products, respect is a needed attribute in the production process.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua has helped himself in his career by always remembering how effective manufacturing companies operate and by demanding respect of himself and those around him.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua, a team lead at a highly successful New York-Based food processing company, knows that there is both a science and an art to effective team leadership. Having been promoted in 2015 to a leadership position, Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua understands the importance of promoting efficiency while focusing on supporting those on his team by using the following methods:
- Excellent team leaders know that communication is key. Both written and verbal communication skills are necessary to create a smooth and streamlined environment with high performance.
- Each team member should know exactly what they should be doing and how they should be doing it as a result of successful instruction and delegation. When any errors in communication take place, team leaders know to handle the situation promptly and respectfully.
Efficient team leaders should be strategic and set their members up for success. Having excellent organization skills is crucial to being able to see all of the moving parts at once to discern how they all fit together.
- The best team leaders always treat their team members with respect, regardless of the situation. By encouraging and empowering employees to work creatively and diligently, team leaders seek to support instead of dictate. Managing situations with a high level of emotional intelligence and sensitivity increases the likelihood of team members feeling heard and understood.
Alex Davies Waruingi Mbugua is fascinated by the psychology of leadership and hopes to hold a management position one day at his current company. He has worked in the manufacturing industry since graduating from high school.
Click here to know about the attributes of Successful Manufacturing Companies.